1G. Family Violence Restraining Orders

Est. read time: 4 min

If your former partner continues to intimidate you physically or psychologically, you may wish to seek a family violence restraining order (FVRO). This will prohibit them from contacting you or visiting the places you spend most of your time.

Family violence restraining orders (FVRO) for protection

Get support

Remember stalking, harassment and abuse are not okay and not your fault.
If you are in immediate danger please call 000, or to speak to a trained counsellor and call 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)

Consider your device safety settings whilst browsing Yourtoolkit.com. Find device safety tips and instructions on how to clean browser history in Prepare 1A.

Alternatively, if you need to exit this website, immediately use the quick exit button. For added precaution, clear your browser history for the last hour and close down all tabs.