Est. read time: 1 min
It is important to ensure that mail such as bills, bank statements, and other financial information continues to reach you. Consider making these changes to secure your mail safety:
- get a PO Box or redirect mail to a trusted friend or family member or your new accommodation
- Australia Post offers free mail redirection for 12 months for victims of domestic violence. For further information, see Australia Post – Free Mail Redirection
- if mail is addressed to more than one person, and only one of the addressees has applied for a Mail Redirection service, the mail will be delivered as addressed (it will not be redirected)
- if mail is addressed to more than one person, and the addressees have both applied for redirections, but to different addresses, it will be treated as “left address” and returned to sender
- be aware that it is an offence to open mail addressed to someone else or to tamper with mail (this includes interfering with mail receptacles, stealing mail before delivery and opening mail that you are not authorised to open)
Consider your device safety settings whilst browsing Yourtoolkit.com. Find device safety tips and instructions on how to clean browser history in Prepare 1A.
Alternatively, if you need to exit this website, immediately use the quick exit button. For added precaution, clear your browser history for the last hour and close down all tabs.